AHEAD OF TIME:
1. For the spice blend:
- Combine and mix well:
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp dried Mexican Oregano
1/2 tsp ground chili powder
2. For the chicken:
- Dice 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, saute them over medium heat in 1 TBS bacon fat. While cooking, add 1/2 of the spice blend. When fully cooked, reserve chicken to keep it warm, or chill it if it will be awhile till you make the soup.
3. Make a batch of plantain chips (separate recipe)
FOR THE SOUP:
- In a blender add (rough chopped only):
3 roma tomatoes
1 small yellow onion
1/4 - 1/2 fresh jalapeno
1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
1/2 avocado (pit removed)\
Remaining 1/2 of spice blend
2 cups hot chicken stock or water
- Pulse blender to combine all ingredients.
- Puree until well blended aprox 2-3 minutes and until soup temperature increases.
- Pour mixture in large bowl.
- Fold/Stir in rewarmed chicken pieces.
- Garnish with remaining avocado, more cilantro and plantain chips. S&P to taste